Sunday 25 December 2011

25 Days of Manga: December 25th - The Final Day!

December 25th
Buster Keel (9+ Volumes Ongoing)
Status: Reading at 5 Chapters

Impressions: Out of the five entries I had for today, this was the one I was most looking forward to reading. It's fairly standard mainstream shounen, but it's good fun and easy enough to read. It gives off quite a Hiro Mashima vibe and I'm looking forward to reading more.

Rating: 4/5


Witch Hunter (11+ Vols Ongoing)
Status: Reading at 2 Volumes

Impressions: For some reasno I don't often tend to read manhwa, I'm not entirely sure why as the titles I've encountered have been wholly enjoyable, and Witch Hunter is no different. It's got some interesting themes running throughout, brother and sister on opposite sides, curses, familiars and fighting galore. Looking forward to reading mroe and I think that along with March Story I think I'll be checking out more manhwa in the future.

Rating: 4/5


Code Breaker (13+ Vols Ongoing)

Status: Dropped at 1 Volume

Impressions: This was an odd manga for me. I wasn't hugely fussed with the art style and while the basic concept is kind of intriguing, I'm just not sure. Having added so many series to my reading list this month, I've found myself getting stricter about what I keep and what I drop. While there's a part of me that wants to continue on and see where this goes, the rest of me would rather dedicate my time to other series that I have more enthusiasm for, and those that I have yet to discover.

Rating: 2.5/5


Black Bird (14+ Vols)
Status: Reading at 2 Volumes

Impressions: Youkai + Shoujo = a very happy Cassie. I was unsure about what to expect with this, but I've thoroughly enjoyed what I've read so far. There's a good mix of comedy and romance all mixed in with a supernatural edge, and I genuinely can't wait to read more. With several series that I've thoroughly enjoyed, it's going to be difficult to decide what to read first, but this will be near the top of the pile.

Rating: 4.5/5


Dance in the Vampire Bund (11+ Vols Ongoing)
Status: Dropped at 2 Volumes

Impressions: This was another of those series that I just couldn't get into, possibly aided by the fact that I dislike the main character, Mina. I can see how the concept would appeal to many, the idea of a vampire colony being built in the middle of Tokyo, it's defintiely more interesting than a more clichéd and traditional vampire story, but personally I wasn't too fussed. It ended up being more of a wrench to actually finish reading the two volumes and I wasn't too upset to add this to the dropped pile.

Rating: 2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment