Monday 19 December 2011

On the Sixth Day of Christmas, My True Love Gave To Me...

Six Splendid Sequels
Fiiiiiive Kick-Asssssss Duuuuuuudes
Four Mindf**k Minutes
Three Shounen Timeskips
Two Crazy Whores
And A Pair of Giant Matrix Boooooobiiiiiiieeeessss!

2011 has certainly given us some pretty awesome sequels, and these particular six each made me remember why I loved the first seasons originally. (Had I actually gotten around to watching it, I imagine that Natsume Yuujinchou San would have been here, but alas, I am lame and haven't seen it yet).


Bakuman

Series one was awesome. Series two is continuing said awesomeness. I genuinely cannot wait for my next dose of Ashirogi Muto and getting the new episode of this is one the highlights of my anime week and it's certainly captivated me. In fact, I may head off an watch this week's episode in a moment!



Working'!!

You know what, I've enjoyed this series more than the first one. It's been far more balanced in terms of the cast and thus hasn't worn out any of its jokes. I will be genuinely sad to see this one end next week and will have to find something else to fill the Wagnaria-shaped void in my life.

Shinryaku Ika Musume!?

As much as I miss the irritatingly catchy opening theme of series one, Ika Musume is a strong as ever. I have to admit that some of the squid-licious puns don't seem to translate too well and frankly seem a bit weird/forced but who cares de geso.



Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge

I'm pretty sure I saw some people moaning about the second series of Arakawa not being as good as the first, but I can honestly say that I enjoyed the random wackiness just as much this time aorund as I did before. Seeing Ric's sanity suffer is almost as enjoyable as


Kimi ni Todoke S2

I admit that this wasn't as amazing as series one, and in a way was more frustrating, but still, I couldn't wait for my weekly fix of yelling "JUST GET TOGETHER ALREADY!" at the screen. There were times this series felt rushed, but it's still one of my all time favourite romances - I need to find me a Kazehaya!



Mitsudomoe Zouryouchuu

Easy watching and perverted humour? Yes please! Watching the second series of Mitsudomoe not only made me remember just how much I want to taze Mitsuba, stuff her in a weighted bag and toss her in the river, but it also reminded me how much the perverted antics of the trio and their naive teacher make me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment